Follow the below steps to skip an employee from one payroll.
- Hover over "Payroll"
- Select "Enter Payroll"
- Select "Setup"
- In "Earning Code" table, select "071 Pay Override"
- Select "Save"
- Run payroll as you would normally do EXCEPT, for the employee you wish to skip, input "0" hours in the "Pay Override" column
- The employee you skipped will not be paid for this payroll
- Click the Payday tab.
- Select the appropriate Pay Schedule
- Run payroll as you would normally do EXCEPT, for the employee you wish to skip, be sure the checkbox next to the employee's name is NOT selected.
- The employee you skipped will not be paid for this payroll.
Note: Skipping an employee from payroll will only affect this one instance. If you need to skip them again, follow the same process in your future payrolls. If you need to remove them permanently, here's what to do if an employee leaves or is terminated.