First, you need to get authorization and gather the bank information. Then, you'll enter the information you gathered to set up the employee/contractor for direct deposit.
Print an Authorization for Direct Deposit form for each employee/contractor to sign (for your records)
Go to Taxes & Forms > Employee and Contractor Setup.
Click Bank Verification under Authorization for Direct Deposit.
- Click View, and then print a copy of the form for each employee/contractor.
Ask each employee/contractor to fill out, sign, and date the form. Have each employee/contractor attach a voided check to the form so you can get the necessary bank account information.
If an employee/contractor wants to deposit their pay into two separate bank accounts, ask them to attach a voided check for each account.
Don't send this form to us — it's for your records only. Keep the signed authorization form with each employee/contractor's record.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- On the Employees and Contractors Overview page, click the pay method next to the employee/contractor.
- On the employee/contractor's Bank Information page, choose how the employee/contractor wants to receive their pay.
- Select the lock icon > in the "What's This?" dialog box select how you'd like to receive the security key (either "Text Me" or "Call Me") > when you receive the security key, input in the "Enter Key" field and select "Go" > on the "Thank You!" dialog box, select "Go"
- Enter the routing and account numbers from the employee/contractor's voided check or checks, then click OK.
- On the Verify employee/contractor's Bank Information page, click Edit to make any corrections.
- Click Agree to let us know you've received your employee/contractor's authorization to deposit their paychecks to the account shown.