Massachusetts requires businesses with employees to register for a Unemployment Insurance tax account (MA Division of Unemployment Assistance Acct No.)
Massachusetts requires online registration, there is no fee.
To complete registration, you will need:
- Type of legal entity (sole proprietor, partnership, LLC, etc.)
- Doing business as (DBA) name
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- State and date of formation or incorporation
- Date that employees first began work in Massachusetts
- Owner/officer information including: Social Security number (SSN), FEIN, and percent of ownership
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code
- Principle business activity performed in Massachusetts
- Quarterly gross summary of wages paid to date
- Number of employees currently on payroll
Follow this link to the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance's registration resource and follow the instructions to set up the Unemployment Insurance tax account: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/register-my-business-with-dua
Online registration will create the account number immediately.
Article is closed for comments.