Businesses that pay employees in Pennsylvania must register with the PA Department of Revenue for an Employer Account ID and the PA Department of Labor and Industry for an Unemployment Compensation (UC) Account Number.
Apply online at PA-100 Enterprise Registration System and receive the numbers immediately.
PA requires employers to register Ludt Payroll as an authorized third-party administrator (TPA) with the Department of Labor and Industry Unemployment Compensation Management System (UCMS) – this provides Ludt Payroll the ability to access, file and deposit taxes in PA.
Pennsylvania Dept of Revenue Employer Account Number: 9999-9999 or 99999999 (8 digits)
To find existing numbers:
- Employer Account Number:
- on Form PA W-3, Employer Quarterly Return of Withholding Tax
- by contacting the Department of Revenue
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry UC Account Number: 99-99999 9 (7 digits)
- UC Account Number:
- on Form UC-2, Employer's Unemployment Insurance Tax Report
- by contacting the UC Employer Contact Center
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
- Yes - Unemployment
- Ludt Payroll will also request access to your Department of Revenue E-Tides account which will need to be approved by the enterprise administrator
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
- Yes (Check your local taxes here.)