If you've set up direct deposit for an employee but want to manually create a paper check for one payroll:
- Go to the Payday tab.
- Click the Check Details icon for the employee.
- Deselect Use direct deposit.
- Enter the employee's paycheck information.
- Click Create.
- Create and approve the rest of your payroll as you normally would.
The employee's check will not be marked for direct deposit. You'll be asked to enter a check number before printing.
*You can also turn off direct deposit to create a paper check for a bonus or commission.
What if I already created the paycheck?
If you haven't approved the paycheck yet, you may be able to edit it and turn it into a one-time manual check:
- Go to Payday > Approve Checks.
- Click Edit on the paycheck's row. If the paycheck can be edited, it opens with boxes around the things you can change.
- Select No under Direct Deposit.
- Click Save.
If you have any questions about direct deposit, contact us.